About the game
Iron Front: Liberation 1944 is a tactical shooter/military simulation(MILSIM) video game set in World War II Eastern Front. It features both German and Soviet singleplayer campaigns. The game was developed by X1 Software and AWAR on Bohemia Interactive's Real Virtuality engine. It was released May 25, 2012 only for PC.
The game is set in Southern Poland and Northwest Ukraine during Soviet summer offensive, called "Operation Bagration". In single player campaign can be played from either German or Soviet perspective. The Soviet campaign focuses on breaking through enemy's defenses. On German side the mission is to slow down the advance of Soviet army. Campaigns starts with infantry action but later on player gets to control tanks and planes. These include for example Panzerkampfwagen IV, Königstiger, IS-2, Focke Wulf 190, Stuka and Petlyakov PE-2. Iron Front also included multiplayer gameplay, both co-operative missions and player vs. player missions such as Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Attack and Defense and Blitzkrieg.
The game also includes a comprehensive and extensive mission editor, enabling players to create their own missions and share them online. Modding possibilities in Iron Front: Liberation 1944 are more restricted compared to its parent game Arma 2. Addons and mods must be released with consent of developers as a free or paid DLC. For more information about this please visit the Modding Possibilities in Iron Front page.
- Large-scale battles involving infantry, tanks and planes that re-enact a realistic development of the summer offensive of 1944.
- German and Russian singleplayer campaign across eight missions, against an authentic backdrop.
- Over 35 vehicles and planes, including the Königstiger, the Katyusha, the Focke-Wulf Fw-190 and the notorious Stuka.
- Huge arsenal with authentic weapons, such as the Mauser Karabiner, the MP 40 and grenades, mines, etc.
- Tactical combat and commands to troops and vehicles.
- High level tank simulations from the aiming to the damage models with calculating many parameters (like angles, speed, thickness...).
- Destructible and huge environment.
- Gun towing and artillery system.
- Realistic mine system, with many component.
- Varied mission objectives and a thrilling story of the final months of the war.
- Extensive multiplayer capabilities, with cooperative and PvP battles, up to 100+ player.
- Built-in mission editor.
- Free dedicated server tools.