Tutorial is no more, move on get IFA3_AIO_ Lite!
Dont ask me for the files, they are gone, deleted, dont pm me, or email me about the files, i dont have them anymore.
Gunter's Full Conversion IFA3 Installation Tutorial
1. Meet the Requirements
Full converted version of IFA3 (Iron Front in Arma3) requires Arma3, and
Iron front: Liberation 1944 game patched to v1.05
Make sure you have vanilla Iron front patched to v1.05
you will need these only if your vanilla IF is not v1.05 already.
If your vanilla IF is not v1.05 (see lower right on menu of the game while ingame to confirm).
If your vanilla IF is not v1.05 then download from the links accordingly:
DISC means you have an actual physical copy of Iron front.
ESD means you have the digital download version of IF like steam or another online game store
Please use the correct version patch or you will have problems.
Note: If you bought Iron front on steam, it will already be patched to v1.05, but be sure to confirm ingame
on the menu that it says Iron Front v1.05 & Version 1.65 (game engine version).
2. Convert your Iron Front game to a mod
Convert your Iron front to a mod, you can do this by downloading the following tool:
Note: As alternative you can use the Create Iron Front in Arma 3 - Automated.bat batch file from the files section or the Create Iron Front in Arma 3 - Manual.bat, if you want to adjust the paths. You also need to install the DePbo, ExtractPbo and MakePbo from mikero's tool suite to be able to so.
If you are going to use the CONVERSION TOOL
1. Be sure you have run or started the game Iron front: Liberation 1944 game itself at least once before running the tool!
2. Run the tool
3. set the path for Arma 2 Location and Arma2 OA Location to your A3 directory (see picture below)
3. Press Create IF Arma button (see picture below) and wait for conversion to complete (completion time is about 8-10min)
What is happening when the conversion tool is running?
what it is doing is copying your vanilla Iron Front files (game) and converting the .IFA extension of each
file to .pbo so Arma3 can read the files as Arma3 can only read the .pbo
NOTE: Once the conversion is complete you should see a folder titled @IF and @LIB_DLC_1 in your Arma3 directory,
this is your Iron Front & DLC now as a mod!
3. Download & Install the following mods into your Arma3 directory
Arma3 directory for steam (Win7) ---> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3
- @LIB_DLC_1_lite-----> @LIB_DLC_1_lite (169.5mb) (optional - this is not required if you have full version of DLC)
- @IFA3SA -------------> @IFA3SA (2.7gb)
- @IFA3M---------------> @IFA3M (531.0mb)
- @IFA3-----------------> @IFA3 (31.9mb)
4. Mod Load order and game start
So now you should have the following mod files in your Arma3 directory:
To start the game with IFA3 you will need this exact load order:
the files above need to be in this order, you can use a desktop shortcut, or a launcher.
Note - There is a file titled @IF_other_addons this is just an explosion addon, it is not required, use Blastcore instead as it does a better job.
I personally use this to launch the game with IFA3.
5. Run Arma3 with IFA3 before patching
Before you go to step 6 and patch the mod, be sure to run Arma3 with the mod once.
Once you know its running, then go to step 6 and patch the mod.
Getting an error apon startup?
If your getting the following error: 'AiA_Infantry_IF' Requires addon "LIB_sov_characters"
try using the -incurrent folder method, see this post on how its done----> Link
6. Patch the mod
Download the following Patches and install them in the following order:
- IronFront Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.05 - 1.12.exe - (596.2MB)
- IronFront Arma3 CommunitPatch 1.12 - 1.13 - (196.3MB)
- IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.13-1.14.exe - (359mb)
- IronFront_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.14-1.15.exe - (71.2mb) (released Jan 22nd, 2016!)
Before running the patches move the patches to your arma3 directory and start them from there.
Install them in order, when you have one patch applied successfully then test the game to make sure its running ok,
and check the version on the bottom right of the menu, after the 1st patch is successful do the same for the last patch.
Patches for the DLC (not Lite version):
- IronFront_DLC_Arma3_CommunityPatch_1.09-1.10.exe (released Jan 22nd, 2016!)
7. Dark Skies Fix
Because of a previos Arma3 patch (v1.60) the skies on all IFA3 maps were broken and became dark
even though you can see outside and it was daytime, this little fix, will fix the issue and return the IFA3, IF maps back to normal.
Do not use this with IFA3 Lite, it is not needed, it is only for the Full IFA3 converted version.
8. Version Check
Once you have patched the mod start up the game with IFA3.
On the menu of the game when you are running IFA3, you should have 3 versions at the bottom right:
Iron Front A3 version: 1.12
Iron Front DLC version: 1.10
Iron Front version: 1.15
If you have what you see above then you have the latest and correct
versions of IFA3, DLC, and game version, your all set!
Installation tutorial Last Updated: February 16th, 2017
Tutorial is no more, move on get IFA3 Lite!