IRONFRONT FANS FORUM
Register Latest Topics
 
 
 


Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 9      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
Gunter Severloh

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #31 
Sorry just seen your post here, do you have IFA3 itself setup and running outside the DLC?
__________________
0
OriginalDaniel

Private
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #32 
After i gave up the manual method due to the corrupt patch i tried installing the game via playwithsix and that took like 3days of downloading due to the limited speed.

Then when i tried patching the playwithsix version (since it's 1year out of date) the patches just messed everything up.

so today for the third time I'm installing this manually and thankfully got a working version of the corrupt patch in a PM here: dropbox steam patch 1-1.07 from rowdied on the bistudio fourms
still once all is said and done in game the A3 version is .01 behind:

Iron Front A3 version: 1.10 instead of 1.11
other two are correct:
Iron Front DLC version: 1.09
Iron Front version: 1.14

not sure what I've missed to make it .10 instead of .11?

ill just be enjoying the singleplayer stuff for now id assume since my A3 version isn't correct i might not be able to play multiplayer

edit: just noticed in the scenarios theres a ton of blank missions: http://i.imgur.com/wya83J6.jpg not sure if that's intentional or not or related to my A3 ver being 1.10 instead of 1.11?

no way in hell would any of my friends want to buy IronFront and spend possibly 3+days trying to convert it making sure none of us stuffed it up just for co-op, I'm certain many other folk have tried to get this mod going and given up not far into it. There really needs to be a much simpler way of getting this all working someday.

also side note: why the hell is playwithsix speed capped? its pretty damn annoying to buy a full game to get it working in Arma3 as a mod only for another program to want you to pay for full download speeds on a mod that is 15.4gb there should be an exception for iron front owners trying to download the iron front mods >:|

edit2 noticed an interesting bug on the DDay mission, i think if a few men under your command at the start survive and you blow the wire then push up when you lose their command and gain the second group if they all die eventually some of your original guys will team kill you.

also goddamn is that mission impossible, most of the time the MG nests priorities you even if you have AI around or way ahead of you being totally exposed lol.
0
Gunter Severloh

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #33 
PW6 sucks and is buggy, idk what the deal is with it in terms of installing IFA3 files.
But all the files linked in my tutorial are from my working version with latest patches applied.

Quote:
not sure what I've missed to make it .10 instead of .11?

Should be @IFA3 if im not mistaken.

Quote:
edit: just noticed in the scenarios theres a ton of blank missions

did you choose them and press play?

Quote:
no way in hell would any of my friends want to buy IronFront and spend possibly 3+days trying to convert it making sure none of us stuffed it up just for co-op, I'm certain many other folk have tried to get this mod going and given up not far into it. There really needs to be a much simpler way of getting this all working someday.

Will never happen, I have made it as simple as it can get in my tutorial why i created it, its very simple to install:
  1. convert your IF/dlc to mods using the tool
  2. download the required files, extract, move to arm3 directory
  3. patch
Quote:
there should be an exception for iron front owners trying to download the iron front mods

Dont use PW6, idk why you went that route i have the tutorial all laid out step by step and all the required files you need, nothing to pay for either.

Quote:
edit2 noticed an interesting bug on the DDay mission, i think if a few men under your command at the start survive and you blow the wire then push up when you lose their command and gain the second group if they all die eventually some of your original guys will team kill you.

Some missions may not run correctly because they need to be updated, considering IF is running on a Arma2CO version engine, then your taking the same missions from arma2CO and moving them to arma3 and expecting them to work like they did, it wont happen, and really depends on what is in the mission, also consider this is arma we are talkiing about, there are still issues, but either way that mission needs to be updated by someone.

Make your own missions [wink] or get some from the MR.

__________________
0
astaroth

Private
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #34 
Hi, 
Links for @IFA3M and @IFA3 files don't work.
Same problem is with  IronFront Arma3 Community Patch Fix for v1.14,IronFront DLC Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.00 - 1.07 Digital.exe, IronFront DLC Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.00 - 1.07 Steam.exe,IronFront DLC Arma3 CommunityPatch 1.07 - 1.08.exe
Could you please upload these files again? Thank you very much. 
0
Gunter Severloh

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #35 
Hi, welcome to IF Fan forums,
the links are broke because I been in the process for the past few days of updating them, see my news post for the MR i posted last night about it:
http://ironfront.forumchitchat.com/post/show_single_post?pid=1290640402&postcount=143
I will update the tutorial sometime today, just need to make sure that the files for installation work as there was a new patch released,
and a new version of IFA3 released too.

__________________
0
Gunter Severloh

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #36 
Update
All links have been updated except @IFA3M and @IFA3 files, still working on those,
added the new patches (v1.15 & DLC v1.10), and updated some misc text.

__________________
0
csaky85

Avatar / Picture

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #37 
Hi guys! Need help, I bought today Iron Front on Steam ver 1.05. Its working fine. The Arma 3 works fine. I converted succesfuly the Iron front to a mod by the instructions. But when I put it together I have the same problem. 
[Lib%252520sov%252520char] 
When I hit OK, the game starts but after a few seconds crashes for this reason:
[binocular%252520ger] 
I really dont know whats the problem. Gunther can u help me? I cant install the community patches too... [frown]


0
Gunter Severloh

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #38 
Conversion tool is broke do this instead:

Note: As alternative you can use the Create Iron Front in Arma 3 - Automated.bat batch file from the files section or the Create Iron Front in Arma 3 - Manual.bat,
if you want to adjust the paths. You also need to install the latest DePbo, ExtractPbo and MakePbo from mikero's tool suite to be able to so.

added the above to the tutorial.

__________________
0
csaky85

Avatar / Picture

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #39 
Thank you Gunther, but the error is still the same. [confused]
Thats not problem that Iron Front is Steam version and Arma3 is disc version? 
0
Gunter Severloh

Avatar / Picture

Admin
Registered:
Posts: 2,724
Reply with quote  #40 
Problem is neither game but the conversion tool, and process itself.
When the conversion tool does work it checks your registry to see if you have legit copy of IF, then when it converts it copies the IF game and converts
the files so that they have .pbo instead of .IFA
Arma3 has nothing to do with the conversion, it dont effect anything, for IFA3 all your doing is pointing the conversion tool to your arma3 directory and telling
it where to put @IF and the DLC, you could put the address of your desktop or c drive for all it matters, but overall the issue is the conversion process.

it just means that the conversion is working but its not fully converting the files, and the error you get is the typical error everyone
gets that has the same issue of the tool not working.

Send me a pm, i have another solution.

__________________
0
csaky85

Avatar / Picture

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #41 
I cant add a path of conversion in Create Iron Front in Arma 3 - Automated.bat

It converts automatically in steamapps not my real Arma 3 folder. 
PM sent.
0
Foffy

Private
Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunter Severloh
Problem is neither game but the conversion tool, and process itself.
When the conversion tool does work it checks your registry to see if you have legit copy of IF, then when it converts it copies the IF game and converts
the files so that they have .pbo instead of .IFA
Arma3 has nothing to do with the conversion, it dont effect anything, for IFA3 all your doing is pointing the conversion tool to your arma3 directory and telling
it where to put @IF and the DLC, you could put the address of your desktop or c drive for all it matters, but overall the issue is the conversion process.

it just means that the conversion is working but its not fully converting the files, and the error you get is the typical error everyone
gets that has the same issue of the tool not working.

Send me a pm, i have another solution.


Hey Gunter. As I brought up in the IFA2 thread, the game asks for a legitimate copy of the game, which I have. I was able to install this conversion once before, but after reinstalling it, it's never worked once. I'm either stuck with Lite assets, or hoping someone just offers me a folder of it already converted.

Do you know how to erase the registry keys to Iron Front? Maybe deleting those will allow the program to actually acknowledge the fact I bought the game three years ago on Steam. :/
0
rowdied

Lieutenant
Registered:
Posts: 147
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foffy

Hey Gunter. As I brought up in the IFA2 thread, the game asks for a legitimate copy of the game, which I have. I was able to install this conversion once before, but after reinstalling it, it's never worked once. I'm either stuck with Lite assets, or hoping someone just offers me a folder of it already converted.

Do you know how to erase the registry keys to Iron Front? Maybe deleting those will allow the program to actually acknowledge the fact I bought the game three years ago on Steam. :/


Have you used any registry cleaners to clean up your computer?

CCleaner and Winaso both free might help with this issue. they will get rid of registry entries that are no longer valid.

try them if you haven't thought of this already.

On another side note, did you play the games separately before you went to convert it again?

other than that, I don't know what to say. maybe gunter can wade in
0
Foffy

Private
Registered:
Posts: 28
Reply with quote  #44 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdied
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foffy

Hey Gunter. As I brought up in the IFA2 thread, the game asks for a legitimate copy of the game, which I have. I was able to install this conversion once before, but after reinstalling it, it's never worked once. I'm either stuck with Lite assets, or hoping someone just offers me a folder of it already converted.

Do you know how to erase the registry keys to Iron Front? Maybe deleting those will allow the program to actually acknowledge the fact I bought the game three years ago on Steam. :/


Have you used any registry cleaners to clean up your computer?

CCleaner and Winaso both free might help with this issue. they will get rid of registry entries that are no longer valid.

try them if you haven't thought of this already.

On another side note, did you play the games separately before you went to convert it again?

other than that, I don't know what to say. maybe gunter can wade in


I used CCleaner and no, it didn't fix it. [frown]

I really don't know what to do to solve it. Would it be too much to ask for a folder that contains the full conversion if I post proof from my Steam profile that I do in fact own the game? I don't think it counts as piracy if I own the game and have actually converted it once before..
0
csaky85

Avatar / Picture

Corporal
Registered:
Posts: 62
Reply with quote  #45 
Same here, Im actually cleaned the registry, dont helped. Reinstalled Arma 3 and make a new path where the Create Iron Front in Arma 3 - Automated.bat makes the IF conversion. Dont help. So its not with the conversion path I think. I give it up, I really dont know what can I do. I tried everything, allways the same error. Can someone send me the correctly conversed folders pls??? [bawl]
0
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.